Automatic Two Stage Distributor Valve Type IV (C3W2)
The C3W2 distributor is basically a C3W distributor with the “Empty-Load” function added, providing two ranges of brake cylinder pressure.
The maximum pressure of 3.8 bars, laid down by the U.I.C., corresponds to the “Load” condition: a lower pressure corresponds to “Empty”.
U.I.C leaflet 543, section8, lays down a maximum brake weight of 120% while the minimum brake weight lies between 40% & 60% according to vehicle type & operating category.
Since the ratio of axle loads is often of the order of 4:1, between the loaded and empty vehicle, it is almost always necessary to employ a two-stage empty-load equipment.
Based on the C3W distributor, and retaining all its main characteristics, a new equipment is developed designated as C3W2, which provides two different brake cylinder pressures for a given brakepipe pressure drop. This has been approved by the U.I.C.
In order to provide this additional function, the c3w2 distributor includes an additional portion sandwiched between the body & the bottom cover of the C3W, and which includes:
- An additional diaphragm on the main pipe which is operative in the “Empty” setting.
- A changeover valve & the additional application and release chokes needed to ensure the application & release timings as laid down by the U.I.C., in both the “Empty” and “Load” settings.”
Air Brakes Related Items
- Distributor Valve Type I ( EST) – UIC
- Distributor Valve (C3W) – UIC
- Automatic Two Stage Distributor Valve Type IV (C3W2)
- Bracket For Distributor Valve
- Overhaul Maintenance Kit For Distributor Valve
- Air Brake Cylinder From 6″ To 14″
- Bogie Mounted Brake Cylinder with in-built slack adjuster
- Load Empty Changeover device type – VTA
- Angle Cock Type AAR
- UIC Straight And And Angled Type End Cocks
- End Coupling Type AAR & UIC Of Different Sizes
- Passenger Emergency Signal Device
- Passenger Emergency Relay Valve
- Hose and Hose Coupling Assembly
- Empty Load Device